One of the RADDEST chicas I know included the Navy Yard in this fun activity! Balanced in Boston blogger, Megan, just spent a year in Costa Rica teaching kids English, has a Spanish speaking dog – Mango – and can do one mean downward dog! This couldn’t come at a better time since the Navy Yard is brand new and I’m sure everyone has been wondering what it’s really all about and why in the world they should keep coming back for more.
So, here is what this activity is all about:
1. Post these rules. (check)
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people.
11 things about the Navy Yard you’ve been dying to know
1. the Navy Yard was started by me, Chrissy, as a modest stab at photography. I am using the blog I have set up to go along with this site as an exploration of all of the things and activities I have always loved or been interested in but have never given myself the chance to devote any time to – of course, with lots of feature photography along the way.
2. Inspiration for the name the Navy Yard comes from the Navy Yard in Charlestown, MA. It’s one of my favorite places in the world. Best views of the Boston skyline – anywhere – a ten minute ferry ride into downtown and dog parks GALORE. Seriously, my favorite memories are of putting a blanket down on a grassy knoll in the Navy Yard overlooking the Boston Harbor and the Boston skyline with my dog and fiancé – reading and playing Othello for hours.
3. I recently found an old bucket list from High School and Photography was top of the list! Finally doing something about it and couldn’t be happier.
4. My dog, Roxy, is my most willing subject and I have about a million photographs of her.
5. I have taken 3 classes on photography – all using film slrs. I currently use all digital but would love to have my own dark room someday. There’s nothing like some quality dark room time.
6. I have used a lot of SLR’s but my very first one to own is a Nikon D3100. I got it for Christmas from my dad! I did a lot of research on DSLR’s and it definitely worked out because this camera is pretty awesome!
7. Lately, I have been more frustrated by those moments you can’t photograph than anything else!
8. I want to get another dog someday so Roxy can have a playmate! And I want to name her Navy! J
9. I can read and write Arabic. It used to be my dream to live in the Middle East as a journalist/photo journalist. So much so that I took 3 semesters of Arabic in college.
10. I want to do something really great. Right now my weapons to do this are photograph and writing – we’ll see what happens.
11. I think the biggest accomplishment in life would be to change at least 1 person’s life for the better.
1. What is your favorite spa treatment?
I’m not so much a spa girl, but I recently had THE BEST manicure ever at Niantic Nails. Perfect French manicure that has lasted for almost 1 week now, and the best part – she gave me a nice long hot stone massage after she dipped my hands in warm wax. And then she gave me another massage while my nails were drying. All for $17! (If I didn’t get a French manure it would have only been $12).
2. What is your morning ritual?
Not a morning person and I’m definitely not a creature of habit. Every morning is different and I love that!
3. Favorite nail polish color (bonus points if you list some witty OPI color name)?
I love French manicures – I just think they always look so nice at the office or out on the town.
4. Best childhood memory?
WAY too many to pick from! Everyday riding bikes with my friends around our neighborhood, Patrick Circle, being mischievous was always the best!
5. Which countries have you visited?
So far, I can check off Ireland and the Bahamas from the list – many more to come. I can’t wait to start traveling and taking destination photographs all over the world!
6. Which do you deem more important, time or money? Why?
Time is money. Haha just kidding. Honestly, I don’t put much emphasis on money or things. Time to put towards my photography and spending with my family is what’s important to me.
7. Favorite quick go-to meal at home?
Usually whatever I have in the house. For lunch, I have been obsessed with Chicken Caesar salads. I can’t get enough. By the time I soak it in my new fav Caesar dressing, shredded asiago cheese, croutons and grilled chicken, I’m afraid it’s probably not as healthy as I tell myself. But oh-so-good!
For dinner – I usually have chicken and an assortment of fresh veggies to cook up for those last minute dinners.
8. Favorite meal out?
Buffalo Chicken ANYTHING J
9. Current health goal/s? (scale number, toning, road races, lifting comps, clothing size, etc)
Not being a slob. Does that count? Seriously though, I have never been one for exercise, but living in Boston you walk EVERYWHERE and that really adds up. Just walking to work and home I put in almost 3 miles a day. And that doesn’t count walking the dog, to the store, etc.
Moving to CT where you drive everywhere really messes with that plan. I walk on the beach everyday with Roxy and my trusty Nikon but I’m really going to have to push myself to get in some serious Zumba and Yoga time here.
…And I need to stop eating so much buffalo chicken stuff and start eating more fruits and veggies.
10. Describe your ideal date
Drinking wine or martinis with my fiancé, Tim, and being silly!
11. Valentines Day, love it or hate it?
Overall, It’s just another day. Tim and I try not to get wrapped up in the commercialization of it all. We are happy having a nice dinner, some good martinis and just enjoying each other’s company. And it’s ok to get a little goofy:
Tag, You’re It!
Enough about me already! I’m more interested in what these AMAZING photographers/bloggers have to say!
Sarah @ http://blog.sarahheppell.com/
Elle @ http://ellephotographer.com
Lindsay @ http://justalittleorganic.com
Jeanne @ http://makingmade.com
Sarah @ http://sarahtakespictures.com
1. When’s the last time you did a cannonball?!
2. What’s your favorite book and why would you recommend it?
3. Share a photograph that inspires you
4. What’s your favorite season?
5. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
6. Drink of choice:
7. What’s your favorite thing to do on a rainy day?
8. Favorite type of cookie?
9. If you could give your readers one piece of advice, it would be:
10. Ocean or pool?
11. If you could meet one famous person, living or dead, who would it be?